Greek Rice Spanakorizo
1 clove garlic
300g fresh spinach
400g long grain rice (not parboiled, can be thai or basmati)
800-900g of vegetable or chicken stock
1-2 sprigs of dill Groots
1 sprig of parsley (optional)
1 lemon (or lime)
1 tablespoon feta cheese (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a pot over low heat with a little oil.
- Peel and chop the onion and let it fry until transparent, add a little salt.
- Peel and chop the garlic and add it. When it takes color, add the spinach little by little so that it loses volume. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the spinach is sautéed, add the rice. Mix well and finally add the broth, chopped dill and parsley.
- When it boils, reduce the heat and simmer until the broth has been consumed.
Serving: Serve the freshly cooked rice with spinach. Finish the dish with a splash of lemon juice, grated lemon peel and crumbled cheese.